ArquitectonicaGEO worked with Swire Properties and Arquitectonica on Brickell City Centre, a 3.5 block downtown redevelopment which aims to create an urban gathering place for downtown Miami. The 4.6 million square foot mixed-use project will consist of a four-level retail pedestal supporting hotel, office, and residential towers. The landscape will be anchored by major new downtown streetscapes which lead to landscaped public courtyards, pedestrian passages, gathering, and performance spaces.
The project is seeking LEED ND certification and it is the first major project to be implemented under the Miami 21 zoning ordinance. As such, ArquitectonicaGEO pushed the boundaries of sustainable tropical urbanism, seeking to create public spaces which support a thriving urban social environment while being sensitive to the natural environment. Linking with the surrounding streets, and a Miami-Dade Transit corridor, the project creates an ideal pedestrian environment that accommodates bicycles and automobiles.
ArquitectonicaGeo’s streetscape design sets a new high standard for livability and quality of life that will serve as an example for future urban projects.
* AIA Miami Hospitality Design Awards | People's Choice Award
* AIA Miami Hospitality Design Awards | Merit of Excellence for Best Overall Hotel
* AIA Miami Hospitality Design Awards | [ SUGAR ] Honorable Mention Award for Hotel Nightclub, Bar, and Lounge
* AIA Miami Hospitality Design Awards | [Quinto La Huella] Merit of Excellence for Hotel Restaurant
* AIA Miami Hospitality Design Awards | [ SUGAR ] Hotel Outdoor Divine Detail (Honor Award of Excellence)